How do I Organize a Slow Wedding?
Eco-friendly wedding, Zero waste wedding, Green wedding, Slow wedding… The events world could not ignore a trend that has become a way of life, and luckily it has come to stay.
Talking about slow wedding means giving you time during the months of preparation, from the “she said yes” to the altar: Stop running a marathon to start enjoying the walk. Take it easy, put yourself in good hands, let yourself be advised, do not feel pressured by fashion or force as far as we cannot assume. It means taking your time to choose the flowers, to choose that dish that you like so much, to dream about the music that will sound… Enjoy every moment.
The idea is to plan your big day with decisions that produce less impact on the environment. How can we do it? Here are some clues on how to get an eco-friendly wedding:
1) The catering choice is important: It is already possible to hire some 100% organic catering. They have ecological product proposals or Km 0 and proximity and they also use biodegradable materials.
If you are thinking of hiring such a service, it is interesting that it is a local supplier, very close to the place of the event, in order to reduce transport CO2 emissions.
Another good solution is to use drinks dispensers and glass cups, instead of bottles or plastics, and also to arrange with some nearby association the collection of surplus food aiming not be the only ones who are going to eat well that day.
2) Lighting with LED bulbs or using biomass boiler to heat the space in winter is another good option.
3) Facilitating the transport of guests by coach will prevent the transit of many cars that are often not shared.
4) Why not to make the bridal bouquet with seasonal flowers? Or better yet, with flowers that we can let dry and enjoy for several months, also for the rest of flowers that we use to decorate.
5) And what if we replace the confetti with petals, olive leaves or lavender leaves?
6) Finally, a recommendation that, in addition of being recyclable, has a fundamental emotional component: Give a second life to your mother wedding dress, your grandmother’s or someone you feel very close to. You can transform it, you will dress it as the best jewel.
You will soon discover other key points for choosing invitations, decoration, guest gifts … Stay tuned!
And above all, remember to enjoy every moment of your great day!
If you liked the SLOW wedding-life philosophy, share it with your friends!
Gemma Gonzalez Events Team